Introduction. God is a trinity. Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image"
- Tri means three
- unity means one
- God is Three in One
In Genesis 1:1 - The word for God is Elohim, which literally means 'plurality in one'
Other Bible verses relating to God's Trinity:-
Matthew 3:16-17; Genesis 1:16; Matthew 28:19-20; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17; John 10:28-30
- God is eternal.
- He always was and will be
- He is a Spirit which is creator of all things.
Isaiah 40:28; Psalms 90:2
- God is omnipotent.
- omni means all
- potent means powerful l.p.
God is all powerful Genesis 17:1; Jeremiah 32:17
- God is omnipresent
- God is everywhere Psalms 139:7-10
- God is always with us
- God is unchangeable.
Friends may change but God never has, nor will He ever. Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 13:8
- God is intimate
Romans 8:15 Abba - 'daddy' or 'papa'
- God is omniscient.
He knows everything
Psalms 147:5; Acts 15:18; 1 Samuel 16:7
- God is Holy
Psalms 99:9; Isaiah 6:1-5, Revelation 4:8-11
- God's declaration of salvation
- It is of God (God)
- It is out of His love (so loved)
- It is to His people (the world)